In the United States of America, Marijuana has established a new-found identity that is headed towards progression and wide acceptance. It has been able to furnish its acceptability because of its increased success in the medical field. However, medical marijuana is yet to reach its pinnacle of success since the research needed for its breakthrough in the field of medicine is heavily monitored and restricted.
With endless rules and regulations to adhere to, Cannabis production is controlled and micromanaged in most states. Despite such impositions, medical marijuana has become an increasingly popular medicine. This article will attempt to look at the progress it has made, the conditions it cures, manner of consumption, and how it is similar or differing from the recreational type.
1. Medical Conditions:
- FDA legally approved weed for the treatment of two severe and rare types of epilepsy, namely Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.
- Medical marijuana has found success in treating multiple psychological diseases like Alzheimer’s disease, anxiety, schizophrenia, and PTSD. People suffering from hypertension and anxiety disorder have found long-term benefits with the medical usage of such herbal psychedelics.
- Modern researches propose that weed is likely to treat the adverse effects of illnesses such as Cancer, Glaucoma, and multiple sclerosis. Doctors often suggest to patients of various backgrounds a certain dosage of weed to numb the excruciating physical pain.
- Seizures, muscle spasms, and nausea are often relieved through its use. Different states in the USA have distinct laws regarding the medical use of marijuana. As of October 2020, there are a total number of 29 dispensaries that sell legal medical marijuana in Arkansas. People may visit any of those dispensaries operating in Arkansas to purchase prescribed dosage.
2. Ways of Intake:
- Cannabis is, generally, consumed in conventional ways like smoking or by using lighters. A small amount of daily intake soothes the mind and creates a sense of calmness that in turn, accelerates physical recovery.
- Edible marijuana is consumed by mixing it with brownies and other food products. There are a lot of exciting recipes you may try to incorporate medical cannabis into your food items. Make sure you are aware of the quantity of weed you intake with food.
- Weed gummies and THC capsules are also other popular options with people who are not comfortable with smoking.
3. Difference between Medical and Recreational Weed:
- Though recreational weed consumption is largely dependent upon one’s choice, to prevent its overuse and misuse, some criteria have been set for one to possess it. On the other hand, medical weed needs to be recommended by a doctor who regulates the dosage.
- Not all kinds of weed are fit for medical purposes. Recreational weeds are taken mainly for a psychedelic high or spurting creativity. Medical ones, though may be taken for a potent high, are mostly manufactured differently to suit specific issues.
Cannabis is the least harmful of psychedelic substances that have done more good than bad for men. Subject to further research, its future only seems to be brimming with discoveries and possibilities. It is a substance waiting for a fairer chance in the medicinal world of unfathomable possibilities.